hit counter code

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cult Rantings Abound: Chris Olive: Repentance and Desired Humble Apology

Cult rantings still abound.

Is Chris Olive is apologizing to the former members he maligns in his factnet posts, or is his apology for the consumption of the "the church in Indianapolis" ?


Below is an additional 982 words from "WirklichMir".


Title: Chris Olive: Repentance and Desired Humble Apology
Date: 01-27-2008, 03:20 PM

TO THE CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST: A REPENTANCE REALIZED AND DESIRE FOR HUMBLE, HEARTFELT APOLOGY

I am Chris Olive, who about 2 years ago posted here on FactNet (in a now apparently archived/read-only thread) as "WirklichMir" and "ChrisO" regarding the incredible slander and purposeful character assassination on the part of some regarding the church in Indianapolis and specifically one of it's leaders... I probably of anyone who has ever posted here, having lived in the church in Indianapolis for a number of YEARS, having known many IN that church intimately for upwards of almost **30 years**, and having also lived with a number of the slanderers themselves in places and situations all over the Midwest, am and was probably able to write as Truthfully as anyone else I know about the lies, fabrications and concoctions a handful have brought against them. And ironically more than half of those who have continued to post here month after month for going on THREE YEARS NOW, have never, ever, EVER set foot even NEAR the church in Indianapolis and also know personally absolutely none of the persons who now are gladly part of the Life there. I personally know the stories of the slanderers to be manufactured and deceitful, as well as knowing details about a good number of their REAL lives firsthand, and I could easily pass a lie detector test on these matters. I have found the slanderers lives to be worthy of having been disfellowshipped as they were, and their motives for the slander to be unquenchable revenge and pride, again as their continued postings and carefully calculated "adventures" all over the internet continue to prove to this very day.

IRREGARDLESS...

I want every true Believer and Lover of Jesus Christ in the world who ever has or ever will in the future read these pages to know this: I left that forum, for the most part, in September of 2006 (save for a very small smattering of postings up until about 1 year ago) for specific reasons. The reason I left wasn't JUST because I was so sickened by what I was reading here by "others." I WAS SICKENED AND DISAPPOINTED BY MYSELF. As time went on in 2006 when I made the majority of my postings, I had this growing, unsettling sense that, while I knew I was trying to stand up for what I knew from FIRST-HAND EXPERIENCE to be True, and that my heart and intent were right, THE SPIRIT OF IT WAS DEFINITELY NOT RIGHT. I was being controlled in many situations in which I posted sheerly by my flesh and my over-charged emotions. I was combative and emotional and FLESHLY. I argued at times, was often unnecessarily sarcastic, and on some occasions named-called and demeaned people unnecessarily. (To those people specifically, I do absolutely apologize for those things as well.) Bottomline: I SINNED AS MUCH IN MANY POSTINGS as the people I was supposedly posting about. What I am saying here now by way of clear, unqualified confession, does NOT mean that I believe God feels any less supremely horrified and upset by the types of people who dominated and continue to dominate these forums as outlined in Jude, 2 Peter 2, 2 Timothy 2 and other places. But my display, my approach, my attitude, my spirit many times in continued and growing retrospect I felt was not Christlike in how God would actually deal with people like that. And I want to say again, I was (and still am) truly and completely disappointed and deeply, deeply pained by that. I left this forum JUST as much over how absolutely, positively, unequivocally wrong I was in spirit as I did over how I felt "they" were, and honestly maybe MORE. Because I have an obligation FIRST to follow and display and represent rightly the Character of Christ in myself BEFORE embarking to help correct others. The body of Christ deserves to hear this clear, unqualified discounting of who I was in spirit in this forum a couple of years ago. "Unqualified" meaning that my "sincerity" bolstered by "facts" cannot be an excuse for how I acted. It's time to call WHO I was and WHAT I was then EXACTLY as it was.

Thankfully, and maybe ironically, while I sensed these things then, I didn't know what to do about them. Recently, some brothers from Indianapolis lovingly admonished me (they had only recently come back to this forum) for my tone, spirit, and lack of Christlikeness in how I conducted myself here and in a few others places during that time. And they were right, as were, I should also mention, some others from around the world who wrote me in concern about these things. Thank you all for standing up for the Truth and for your Courage, Love and Care in your admonition in private, all of which helped bring me to full realization and a fully embraced repentance. I believe I can say unequivocally that I have learned and grown much from this and that God's Grace and Love and Peace and Wisdom is made more available to me now and will most certainly be in the future.

For those who may have shown to others the sometimes reckless, fleshly, unChristlike, emotional, sinful way in which I conducted myself here, I pray you will pass this notice of my repentance and apology on to them. They, like yourselves, surely deserve to see it. Obviously, I will NOT be back here to read or monitor any responses to this message. If there are those out there who wish to correspond with me, you may certainly do so privately. I welcome and embrace and look forward to all input from Godly men and women from ANYWHERE who may have rightly shared concern about my spirit and conduct here.

Humbly, soberly and yet gladly,
ChrisO

chris.olive@comcast.net

No comments: